Please click link for tonight’s Board Work Session
Village of Bellport
Board Work Session Meeting – February 8, 2021
Work Session beginning at 6:00PM
A G E N D A
The public is able to view this meeting live, as it is being held virtually on the Internet during the COVID 19 Pandemic Crisis through Zoom’s Webinar function
- Treasurer’s Report:
- Review of Draft Capital Improvement Plan (Exhibit: 1)
- Review and discussion of Fund Balance Policy (Exhibit: 2)
- Review of updated Investment Policy (Exhibit: 3)
- Reminder – Use of capital project fund for Browns Lane and Main Dock repairs will need to be authorized, when bids are awarded.
- Review of drafts of Audited Financial Statements, Enterprise Analysis, and the Single Audit Report, as of May 31, 2020 (Exhibit: 4)
- Donation of $500 received from Mary Butler Pearson was received on February 5, 2021.
- Reminder – Budget work session on Tuesday, February 9th at 6PM for Golf, DPW and Tennis.
- Update: A check was received for the Community Center ADA Walkway Grant in the amount of $33,400.00, dated February 2, 2021, for the completed project.
- Discussion: Pursuing a resolution to “Exceed the Tax-cap,” if needed.
- Discussion: Governor Cuomo’s has issued an executive order to allow municipalities to extend the paying of taxes for 120 days without penalty. This was the same executive order he issued last year. Last year, the Village allowed residents an additional 30 days to pay taxes without penalty, meaning that residents could pay on, or before, August 1st without penalty.
- Review the Rates for the Waterfront Amenities. (Exhibit: 5)
2. Discussion: The Village Rental Code for the upcoming Public Hearing at the Board of Trustees Meeting on February 22, 2021, 7:00PM (Exhibit: 6)
3. Topic: Formulation of the NYS Emergency Health Plan – requirement that all public employees are adequately protected by formal plan in the event of a disaster/emergency related to a communicable disease. The plan must be finalized and approved by the Board of Trustees by April 1, 2021. (Exhibit: 7)
4. Discussion: Village ID Cards – Last Season under COVOD-19 and going forward
5. Discussion: Mothers’ Beach – proposal by a resident (Exhibit: 8)
- FEMA Main Dock Project
- “Noise Pollution” in the Village… leaf blowers, lawn mowers, music, et al.
7. Review Building Report (Exhibit: 9)
8. Review of the Code Report (Exhibit 10)
9. Reminder: Budget Schedule:
- TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2021 Budget work sessions – 6 PM LOCATION TBD (Golf, DPW, Tennis)
- TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2021 Budget work sessions – 5 PM LOCATION TBD (Building Dept., Village Hall/Community Center, Justice, Code)
- TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2021 (IF NECESSARY) – ALL DEPARTMENTS (TBD) – 00 PM LOCATION TBD
- TUESDAY, MARCH 2, 2021 (IF NECESSARY) – ALL DEPARTMENTS (TBD) – 6 PM LOCATION TBD
- MONDAY, MARCH 8, 2021 Work Session – 6 PM LOCATION TBD – Review Tentative Budget
- MONDAY, MARCH 22, 2021 Board Meeting – 6 PM LOCATION TBD – Presentation of Tentative Budget and setting of Public Hearing
- MONDAY APRIL 5, 2021 Budget Vote – 6 PM LOCATION TBD – Public Hearing and Budget Vote
10. Special Events: None at this time
11, Review the January 25, 2021 Board Meeting Minutes (Exhibit: 11)