VILLAGE OF BELLPORT
Board of Trustees Monthly Meeting – April 19, 2021
A G E N D A – Subject to Change
Call to Order, Pledge of Allegiance & Roll Call
Open to the Public: The public is able to remotely view this meeting live and give comment, as it is being held virtually on the Internet during the COVID 19 Pandemic Crisis through a Zoom Webinar.
Report of the Trustees
Report of the Village Attorney
- Resolution: ____ Approve the Board Meeting Minutes of March 22, 2021 and the Special Board Meeting Minutes of April 5, 2021. (Exhibit 1)
- Resolution ____ Approve the following payments:
- General Fund Checking Abstract Report #11. Consisting of 82 vendors:
- General Fund Expenditures: $110,297.65
- Enterprise Fund Expenditures: 10,764.21
- Enterprise Fund Expenditures: 6,336.44
- Approve the Enterprise Fund Checking Abstract Report #11 Consisting of 32 vendors totaling, $131,124.36.
- Approve the Capital Fund Checking Abstract Report #14 Consisting of 1 vendor totaling, $2,920.00.
See Summary of Abstracts, included in Exhibit 2
3. Resolution: ____ Approve the Budget Transfers as of April 19, 2021, as outlined in Exhibit 3.
4. Resolution: ____ Accept NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation Grant partial refund of $101,250 was received on March 26, 2021. Additional playground equipment has been ordered to utilize the full grant amount. The remainder of the grant will be received upon close out of the project.
5. Resolution: ____ Approve payment to Village Department of Public Works employee John Bosco for accrued sick and vacation time who retired effective March 26, 2021. Payment totals $10,060.79.
6. Resolution: ____ Approve use of $10,060.79 of Employee Liability Assigned Fund Balance for accrued sick and vacation time payout.
7. Resolution: ____ Approve request for executive order from the Governor’s office for 21-day deferment of property tax deadline due to hardship caused by the pandemic.
8. Resolution: ____ Approve Main “Rock” Dock Change Order #1, Revised. (Exhibit 4).
9. Resolution: ____ Approve $25 increase to Kayak/Paddleboard rack rate from $100 to $125.
10. Resolution: ____ Upcoming Village Election:
- Village Election June 15, 2021, 7am – 9pm at the Bellport Community Center located at 4 Bell Street, Bellport NY 11713
- Registration Day June 5, 2021, 12noon – 5pm at Bellport Village Hall located at 29 Bellport Lane, Bellport NY 11713. Must register in person with valid village ID.
- Hire Lorraine Crowley, as Chief Village Inspector and hire up to 7 Election Inspectors, necessary.
11. Resolution: ___ Donation of 17 Trees by the Bellport Garden Club (Exhibit 5).
12. Resolution ____ Approve Program and Permit: Stand Up Paddle Board Programs by Meg Shannon for the 2021 Summer Season (Exhibit: 6)
13. Resolution ____ Approve Program and Permit: Pilates by the Bay by Jo Petherbridge and Libby Mayward for the 2021 Summer Season: Memorial Day – July 4: Sundays 9am; July 4 – Labor Day: Sundays 9am; Tuesdays and Thursdays 8am (Exhibit 7)
- Status of the FEMA Main Dock Project
- DHC Government Advocacy Group – US Congressman Lee Zeldin’s Office Grant Request for Proposals: 1.) Marina Boat Basin, 2.) Ho Hum Beach Marina, and 3.) Ho Hum Pavilion
- Discussions Bonding Process: The Village is working with Munistat Services, Inc. to prepare for the upcoming bond issuance. The bond will fund the following, as well as the bond issuance costs, totaling approximately $25,000:
- Main Dock Repairs and – $496,362
- Browns Lane Bulkhead and Related Road Work – $485,360
- DPW Yard Renovation – $671,600
- Village’s 10% share of FEMA Main Dock Project – $299,600
The bonds will replace the BAN’s already issued for the DPW Yard Renovation (remaining BAN of $671,600) and FEMA Main Dock Project (Village Share, remaining BAN of $249,600).
Bond Schedule (Exhibit 8)
iv. Waterfront Commission Meeting, including Proposal – Bellport Environmental Fund (“BFD”)
v. Request: H2O Water Taxi – use of the Village Marina for Water Transport on the Great South Bay (Exhibit: 9)
vi. Termite Infestations on Village Property: Community Center and the Golf Pro Shop
15. Resolution: ____ Discussion under COVID – 19 Pandemic: Proposed Special Events:
- Memorial Day Parade – VFW and Bellport Village: May 31, 2021
- Bellport Chamber of Commerce: Bellport Day 2021 – Saturday, July 31, 2021 (no rain date), 11AM-4:30PM (set-up at 8AM)
- South Country Library: Movie Night at the Bellport Bandshell – Wednesday, August 25, 2021, at 8PM
- Bellport Village Program Fund: Bellport Bay 5K – Sunday, August 29, 2021, more details to follow.
- Bellport Fire Department: Classic Car Show – Sunday, October 3, 2021, 6AM-5PM, (expected 500 participants/visitors)
- Bellport Village: Bandshell Summer Concerts, various dates
- Artists on the Lane – Annual Art Show – July 4, 2021
- Antiques and Collectibles Fair – Mary Immaculate: July 4th, 2021 6:00AM-6:00PM
- US Sailing Area B Championship – Bellport Bay Yacht Club: July 7-8, 2021, 8:00AM-8:00PM
- Fundraiser, Annual Auction and Cocktail Party – South Country Education Foundation, Saturday, August 14, 2021, Noon-9:00PM
- Fireworks by Grucci – Memorial for a Grucci Employee, for 5 minutes off a barge
Open to the Public: The public is able to remotely view this meeting live and give comment, as it is being held virtually on the Internet during the COVID 19 Pandemic Crisis through a Zoom Webinar