Link for Zoom Webinar below along with Agenda
VILLAGE OF BELLPORT
Board of Trustees Monthly Meeting – August 24, 2020
A G E N D A – Subject to Change
Call to Order, Pledge of Allegiance & Roll Call
Approve Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes of July 27, 2020, and the Special Board Meeting on August 10, 2020 (Exhibit 1)
Report of the Trustees
Report of the Village Attorney
The public is able to view this meeting live and give comment, as it is being held virtually on the Internet during the COVID 19 Pandemic Crisis through Zoom’s Webinar function
- Resolution __ Approve the following payments:
- General Fund Checking Abstract Report #10, 70 Vendors:
- General Fund Expenditures: $ 100,102.20
- Enterprise Fund Expenditures: $ 12,029.41
- Capital Fund Expenditures: $ 5,259.08
- Totaling: $ 117,390.69
3. Approve Enterprise Fund Checking Abstract Report #10, 18 vendors totaling, $180,575.68.
4. Approve Capital Fund Checking Abstract Report #10, 0 vendors this month See Summary of Abstracts, included in Exhibit 2
5. Resolution: ____ Approve the Budget Transfers as of May 31, 2020, as outlined. (Exhibit 2A)
6. Resolution ___ Approve Deputy Clerk, Katie Mehrkens, as signatory to the village checking account at Bridgehampton National Bank.
7. Resolution: ___ Approve the Debt Service for the new Garbage Truck and Work Boat, the Capital Lease Option, $230,000 amount financed (Exhibit 3)
8. Discuss and possible Resolution of the Retainer Agreement proposed by the Government Relations Group of Davidoff, Hutcher, and Citron LLP, Derek Wolman, John Kiernan, Jonathan McCollum and Steve Malito and Nick Antonucci (Exhibit 4)
9. Resolution ___ Approve the extension of the Intermunicipal Agreement between the Village of Bellport and the Town of Brookhaven for assessment functions. (Exhibit 5)
10. Resolution: ___ Approve the appointment of Fred Hall as Chairperson of the Waterfront Commission.
11. Resolution: ___ Approve accept the resignation of Michael Kaelin from the Waterfront Commission. We thank Michael for all his years of civic service; it is very much appreciated.
12. Resolution: ___ Approve accept the resignation of Daniel Person from the Architectural Review Board. We thank Daniel for all his years of civic service; it is very much appreciated. (Exhibit 6)
13. Resolution: ___ Discuss the refund for High School Student who is requesting reimbursement for the fee paid for Bellport Village Tennis Camp ($120.00); Bellport High School Lacrosse was cancelled due to Covid-19 Pandemic, subsequently Lacrosse was reinstated by the South Country School District Administration; therefore, there is the conflict in scheduling. No lessons were taken.
14. Discuss requests for a pro-rata reimbursement for slip holders due to the delay in opening our Marina this season.
15. Village “Re-Opening” Plan – Village Playgrounds: signage, monitoring, sanitizing, etc.
16. Bellport Marina Dock: the FEMA Dock Project (FEMA: 4085-577112-PW4654):
17. Updated Calendar of Dates for Our Village Election:
- Saturday, September 5, 2020 – Last day for the village clerk to publish notice setting forth the (1) polling place in each district, (2) hours during which the polls are open (at least 12:00 noon to 9:00pm). (3) names and address of candidates, offices, and term nominated for, and (4) abstract of any proposition.
- Saturday, September 5, 2020 – Registration day in villages with one registration day.
- Tuesday, September 8, 2020 –Last day for the village clerk to receive applications for absentee ballots to be mailed to qualified voters.
- Wednesday, September 9, 2020 –Last day for the village clerk to mail absentee ballots to qualified voters.
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020 – The village election.
18. Special Events (Exhibit: 7):
- Bellport Bay Yacht Club: Great South Bay Yacht Racing Association (GSBYRA) Jr. Double Handed Championship on August 10, 2020, from 8:00AM to 4:00PM, 30 sailors, 4 vehicles Retro-Active Approval
- Wedding Ceremony at Mothers’ Beach on September 19, 2020 from 6:00-7:00PM. Maximum 50, 20 vehicles, fee paid: $600., no alcohol.
- Bellport Chamber of Commerce – Sidewalk Sale in the Village: Saturday, August 29, 220, from 11:00AM-6:00PM, extending outdoor shopping space.
- Bellport Bay Yacht Club: GSBYRA Invitational Regatta and the GSBYRA Queen of the Bay Race on September 5th and 6th from 8:30AM-4:30PM.
- Bellport Village Program Fund – Annual Sand Castle Contest at Ho Hum Beach: Sunday, September 6, 2020 (rain date: September 7th), 10:00AM-2:00PM, judging starts at 2:00PM.
- Bellport Fire Department – September 11th Memorial: Osborn Park from 6:00PM-8:30PM, Memorial Service and Speeches.
- Bellport Fire Department – 2nd Annual Car Show Fundraiser: October 11, 20202, from 9:00AM-2:00PM (6:00AM closing of Main Street); Smaller, scaled down event.
Open to the Public: The public is able to view this meeting live and give comment, as it is being held virtually on the Internet during the COVID 19 Pandemic Crisis through Zoom Webinar.