Village of Bellport
Board Work Session Meeting – September 14, 2020
beginning at 6:00PM
A G E N D A – Subject to Change
The public is able to view this meeting live, as it is being held virtually on the Internet during the COVID 19 Pandemic Crisis through Zoom’s Webinar function
- Presentation of a proposal by Village resident Elizabeth Roberts for Ho Hum Beach (Exhibit 1)
- Treasurer’s Report:
- Review the Pro Forma Waterfront Revenue and Expenditure Analysis Actual Year to Date: August 31, 2020, with a four-year lookback comparison (Exhibit 2)
- Review the Pro Forma Enterprise Fund Analysis Budget Year, ending May 31, 2020 (Exhibit 3)
- Review the Kids’ Camp and the Pro Forma Tennis Revenue and Expenditures for the 2020 Season as of August 31, 2020 (Exhibit 4)
- Discussion of the Cash Requirement Plan through 2021, Draft Summary Results (Exhibit 5)
- Discussion: Review the Proposed Parkland Agreement Extension Agreement March 1, 2021 through February 28, 2031 and the Fiscal Analysis (Exhibit 6)
- Review and discuss the golf rate proposal by the Golf Commission (Exhibit 6B)
- Discussion: Traffic/Pedestrian Safety: Speed Tables (Exhibit 6C)
- Review and discuss proposal from Tyco for security camera installation at Mother’s Beach (Exhibit 6A)
- Discussion: Review/Revised the Village Rental Code
- Discuss the HSBC Propoerty owned by the Bellport Library.
- Review employment status of code office Raymond Stenberg; due to his retirement from his teaching career, he will be terminated and be re-instated.
- Discussion: Wildlife in Bellport Village – wild animal life is growing in the village: Review of Rodent Pest Control Program in 4 areas: The Marina, Village Hall Complex, including the Community Center and Village Hall Park, the DPW Yard and the Golf Complex at the Bellport Country Club.
- Discussion: “Noise Pollution” in the Village… leaf blowers, lawn mowers, music, et al. (Exhibit: 7)
- Date for Our Village Election – Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at the Village Community Center from 7:00AM to 9:00PM – The Village Election.
- Update on the requests for pro-rata reimbursement to slip holders for the delay in opening the marina this season due to the FEMA Construction Project (May 9th through June 26th).
- Discussion Next Steps regarding the Bus Company and noise emanating for the buses in the yard.
- Status of the FEMA Main Dock Project
- Status of Village “Re-Opening” Plans – New York Forward: Opening of our playgrounds at the Main Dock and Mothers’ Beach, a generous donation of $3,500 by the Bellport Village Program Fund to assist in the expenses to the opening of the playgrounds
- ID Cards for Extended Family during COVID and a proposal for afterward (Exhibit:8)
11. Review Building Report (Exhibit:9)
12. Review of the Code Report (Exhibit 10)
13. Special Events:
Annual Scarecrow Contest, sponsored by Bellport Village, the Chamber of Commerce, Fire Department, Library and the Bellport Village Program Fund, materials can be picked up on October 3, at the Community Center from 12 noon until 2:00PM; judging will take place on October 31, 2020; awards will be given. (Exhibit: 11)
Bellport Chamber of Commerce: Photo Opportunity – On Angel’s Wings for Halloween; 3 locations Bellport Framing, Thomas Cornell (formerly Auto Body), the west side of Bellport Liquor. There are no plans for a Halloween Parade due to the Pandemic. (Exhibit: 12)
14. Review the August 24, 2020 Board Meeting Minutes (Exhibit: 13)