Village of Bellport
Board Work Session Meeting – October 13, 2020
beginning at 6:00PM
A G E N D A- Subject to Change
The public is able to view this meeting live, as it is being held virtually on the Internet during the COVID 19 Pandemic Crisis through Zoom’s Webinar function
- Treasurer’s Report:
- Update on audit of May 31, 2020 Financial Statements
- Review of Year-to-Date Revenue and Expenditures through September 30, 2020
- Review and discuss the 2021 Boat Slip Rate for Season 2021 Boat Slip Agreement Statement Distribution (Exhibit1)
- Consolidated Highway Improvement Program (CHIPS) Reimbursement of $108,608.46, related to road work done last fiscal year, was received on October 5, 2020.
- Establishment of a Capital Project related to the NYS Economic Community Fund Grant for the playground at the Village Dock in the amount of $150,000 with $112,00 being funded by the State, $18,750 by the Village and $18,750 by the Bellport Village Program Fund. A budget modification of $18,750 is needed to transfer to the Capital Projects Fund for the Village’s portion. Propose to transfer $18,750 from additional funds available in workers compensation line.
- Establishment of a Capital Project for the NYS SAM Grant for the Bellport Village Community Center in the amount of $187,500
- Discussion of the Cash Requirement Plan through 2021, Draft Summary Results (Exhibit 2)
- Discussion: Peter’s on the Green request for expansion of outdoor seating (Exhibit 3)
- Review and discuss Gate at Mothers’ Beach (Exhibit 4)
- Discussion: Extending the Day at Ho Hum Beach during the Summer Season
- Discussion: Extending the Dock Guard Security through November
- Discussion: Review/Revise the Village Rental Code
- Review the Village Court Audit completed on September 23, 2020 (Exhibit 5).
- Review and discuss Request by Village Resident, Jorge Dominguez, regarding fees for the transient dock (Exhibit 5A)
- Discussion: “Noise Pollution” in the Village… leaf blowers, lawn mowers, music, et al. (Exhibit: 6)
- Update on the requests for pro-rata reimbursement to slip holders for the delay in opening the marina this season due to the FEMA Construction Project (May 9th through June 26th).
- Discussion Next Steps regarding the Bus Company and noise emanating for the buses in the yard.
- Traffic/Pedestrian Safety: Speed Tables
- Government Advocacy: Davidoff, Hutcher, & Citron – Presentation by our Waterfront Engineer and Village Clerk to the US Army Corp of Engineers on October 8, 2020 (Exhibit 7)
- ADA Ramp at Village Hall (Exhibit 8)
- Playground Grant for Bandshell Marina Beach (Exhibit 9)
- Status of the FEMA Main Dock Project
- HSBC Property owned by the Bellport Library
- ID Cards for Extended Family during COVID and a proposal for afterward
- Review Building Report (Exhibit: 10)
- Review of the Code Report and a Memorandum regarding Monthly Reports (Exhibit 11)
- Special Events:
- Holiday Wreath Decorating Light Poles in the Village Business District
- Breakfast with Santa and the Tree Lighting Festivities
- Playcrafters performance of Fox on the Fairway in the Village Community Center on weekends in May 14-23, 2021, COVID-19 Pandemic Guidelines permitting. (Exhibit: 12)
- Review the September 29, 2020 Board Meeting and Reorganization Meeting Minutes (Exhibit: 13)