VILLAGE OF BELLPORT
Board of Trustees Monthly Meeting – June 22, 2020
A G E N D A - Subject to Change
Call to Order, Pledge of Allegiance & Roll Call
Approve Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes of May 18, 2020; and the Minutes of a Special Board Meeting on May 28, 2020 (Exhibit 1)
The public is able to view this meeting live and give comment, as it is being held virtually on the Internet during the COVID 19 Pandemic Crisis through Zoom’s Webinar function
Report of the Trustees
Report of the Village Attorney
1) Resolution ____ Approve the following payments:
A. General Fund Checking Abstract Report #10, 70 Vendors:
General Fund Expenditures: $315,269.90
Enterprise Fund Expenditures: $10,994.13
Capital Fund Expenditures: $891.41
B. Approve Enterprise Fund Checking Abstract Report #10, 21 vendors totaling, $141,143.53.
C. Approve Capital Fund Checking Abstract Report #10, 1 vendor totaling $1,499.00. See Summary of Abstracts, included in Exhibit 2
1) Resolution ___Approve the Municipal Insurance Renewal June 1, 2020 through May 31, 2021 Renewal: $210,228 (the insurance premium last year, on June 1, 2019 was $240,689; therefore, there is a reduction in premium cost of $30,461 without diminishing the program) (Exhibit 3)
2) Resolution: ___ Accept and Approve Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order: Deferment of Tax Payments Due, 21 days postponement because of hardship, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic Crisis. (Exhibit 4)
3) Resolution: ___ Approve the Construction and Payment of the new Practice Area and the relocation, enlargement and upgrade of the 9th Tee Box (Exhibit 5)
4) Resolution ___ Approve Village of Bellport COVID-19 Retail Merchandise Accommodations Application and Guidelines. (Exhibit 6)
5) Resolution: ___ Approve the Bellport Tennis Camp Program and Fee Structure to begin July 6, and end on August 13, 2020. (Exhibit 7)
6) Resolution: ___ Approve the services of BLD Architects of Patchogue for the Chakrabarti/Alataris Architectural Review Board (ARB) Project Application/Submission for 14 Shore Road. Michael Morbillo, who is the consulting architect on the ARB is recusing himself due to a conflict of interest (we conducted a search of all local architects and each of them have been associated with the applicant, or an affected property, of the proposed plan; therefore, a substitute for this ARB Proposal must be engaged by the Village and be paid by the applicant/s making the proposal per Village Code: Section 21-67). (Exhibit 7A)
7) Resolution: ___ Accept and Approve a donation of labor from John Beitel for planting and reinvigorating the area around the entrance of the Bellport Main Dock and Parks
8) Resolution: ___ Accept and Approve part-time Building Department Inspector, Peter Sarich’s, Resignation as of July 10, 2020; he is retiring.
9) Resolution: ___ Accept and Reappoint Peter Sarich, as part-time Building Department Inspector, as of July 13, 2020
10) Resolution: ___ Get Up, Stand Up NY: Meghan Shannon and the Paddleboard Program at Mothers’ Beach ($500 Permit Fee). (Exhibit 8)
11) Resolution: ___ Approve the Board Meeting and Work Session schedule for July – September:
Monthly Work Session Monday, July 13 Board Meeting Monday, July 27
Monthly Work Session Monday, August 10 Board Meeting, Monday, August 24
Monthly Work Session Monday, September 14 Board Meeting, Tuesday, September 29
12) Resolution: ___ Approve the Bellport Village Service Project Intern Program (volunteer service) for Bellport High School Students for projects such as email database development, record retention, etc. projects. (Exhibit 9)
A. Village “Re-Opening” Plan: Ho-Hum, Tennis, Kids’ Camp…
B. Bellport Marina Dock: the FEMA Dock Project (FEMA: 4085-577112-PW4654)
C. Declaration of State of Emergency by Mayor Fell: Authorizing a short-term (ending September 30, 2020) Drive-In Movie Theater in the Cultural Arts District by The Gateway. (Exhibit 10)
D. Letter of Authorization from Fire Island National Seashore (FINS), signed by Alexy Romero, FINS Superintendent, on April 27, 2020, giving the Village the permission to treat and spray against mosquitos at Ho Hum Beach, under specific guidelines and conditions. (Exhibit 11)
E. Proposed Bellport High School (BHS) 2020 Graduate Car Procession, starting at the Middle School on Kreamer Street to BHS on Beaver Damn, tentative date: Thursday, June 25, 2020, starting at 7:00PM
The public is able to view this meeting live and give comment, as it is being held virtually on the Internet during the COVID 19 Pandemic Crisis through a Zoom Webinar.
The Bellport Bay 5K run scheduled for August 30, 2020 has been postponed to July 11, 2021. All runners who have already registered will be contacted directly...
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that should the Executive Order suspending NY Open Meeting Laws not be extended past July 6, 2020, The Village of Bellport Historic District...