Update: We are pleased to announce that our Main Dock is having a “soft opening” on Saturday, June 27th, at 8:00am; construction punch list items will continue for the next two weeks until the Main Dock Project is completed. We anticipate that many of us will want to have access and therefore, we are prioritizing access to the Main Dock to our residents and resident boat slip holders only.
Residents’ vehicles will be monitored; those with 2019 Stickers are allowed to park on the Main Dock, or hoop the Dock. In addition, we anticipate that our Dock Guards will be assisting boat slip holders for launching; therefore, our new 2020 stickers will be distributed after the July 4th Holiday.
Our Whalehouse Point Ferry will run on Saturday, June 27th and Sunday, June 28th starting at 10:00AM, with limited capacity: residents only and no guests, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic Crisis. It will resume on a full-time basis on July 1st. The Ho Hum Beach Concession remains closed in compliance with Governor Cuomo’s Mandate via the NYS Health Department Guidelines for Beaches, please plan accordingly. We will open the concession as soon as possible.
Please read the following guidelines:
Bellport Village Waterfront Guidelines*
for the Main Dock, Ho Hum and Mothers’ Beach under the Covid-19 Pandemic
- A minimum of 6 Feet of Space between yourself and others must be maintained at all times; otherwise, you must wear a Mask. Masks must be worn on the Ferry at all times, on all board walks, seating areas, etc. due to the space constraints and the inability to properly Socially Distance (due to the width of boardwalks both at Main Dock and Ho Hum Beach).
- Restrooms at Ho Hum will be open on a limited basis one adult at a time, or an adult with their child(ren).
- Our Ho Hum Concession stand will be not open, please remember our beach is “a carry in and carry out facility;” there will be no garbage service.
- On Saturday, June 27th and Sunday, June 28th our ferry will start its first run with passengers beginning at 10:00AM (closed June 29th and 30th). Our Ferry will run Full-time beginning July 1st.
- At our Ho-Hum Marina, the priority at this time will be to our residents with their boats. Our Dock Attendants are posted to monitor non-resident boaters; who will not be allowed to dock.
- Upon buying a ticket on at the Ticket Booth, our ferry patrons need to reserve a return trip on a “first come, first serve basis.” You will receive a return ticket with a time. This ticket must be used at the selected time.
- Currently, No Guests will be on our ferry, as its capacity is limited to 50%: 14-23 (subject to change with NYS Guidance), Our Ferry Captain will determine and assign seating. There will be one shuttle per hour.
- There will be room on the ferry to have patrons carry their own cargo (chairs, umbrellas, coolers, boogie boards, etc.) on and off the ferry.
- Our Waterfront Manager, Ferry Captains, Dock Master, Dock Guards, and/or Dock Hands are to direct “social distancing” per Governor Cuomo’s Mandate at the Main Dock, on the Beach and at Mothers’ Beach.
* These Guidelines are subject to change, as the Mandated Guidelines change from New York State